Strawberry Bruschetta Chicken is a symphony of strawberries, feta cheese, basil and balsamic vinegar served over chicken that cooks in minutes on the stove-top…for a quick, healthy and very beautiful dinner!
2016 is off to a strawberry-licious start!
I’m thrilled to be partnering with my Sunday Supper friends and Florida Strawberry to share an amazing collection of recipes featuring none other than my very favorite fruit…strawberries! Don’t get me wrong, I love all types of fruit. But, this Florida gal has a special love for my rosy friends. And, when the season comes around, December through April of each year, they are consumed almost daily at our house.
We add them to salads, oatmeal, pudding and smoothies. For a bit of an indulgence, we melt a couple of squares of dark chocolate and dip them for a mini fondue-like experience. When it’s time to show-off, we make Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries.
These choices are all consumed guilt-free….because strawberries are HEALTHY! Did you know 8 medium strawberries equal your daily requirement of vitamin C? Check out 10 Good Reasons to Eat Strawberries!
Strawberry Bruschetta Chicken
However, I can honestly say that I never thought to incorporate strawberries into a dinner entree. Until now. It’s an easy and healthy way to add a burst of sweetness to your meal.
The star of the show is, of course, strawberry bruschetta. It’s as simple as dicing some strawberries and mixing them with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, crumbled feta cheese and fresh basil. Yum!
The topping could be served on grilled bread or with crackers. Heck, I was eating it by the spoonful! But, sticking to business, I topped thin cutlets of chicken.
It’s my favorite way to quickly cook chicken!
I plated everything on top of a bed of baby spinach leaves. The result? A complete and very strawberry-licious meal!
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
A special thanks to Florida Strawberry Growers Association, Epicurean Hotel, Elevage Restaurant, Edge, Cask Social Kitchen, Ava, Edge Rooftop Bar at Epicurean and Bern’s Harry Waugh Dessert Room for making this event possible.
- 1 cup diced Florida strawberries
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (I used low-fat cheese)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, stack, rolled and sliced into slivers
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- To prepare bruschetta, add ingredients to a bowl and gently mix to combine. Set aside.
- Lightly coat frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper and sprinkle with paprika.
- Place cutlets in a single layer in the pan, working in batches if necessary.
- Cook cutlets for about 3-4 minutes, flip to the other side and cook for 3-4 minutes more. Cooking time depends upon the thickness of the chicken.
- Serve topped with Strawberry Bruschetta.
For more strawberry recipes visit StrawberrySue or follow Strawberry Sue on YouTube and Twitter. Florida Strawberry can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Finally, be sure to check out the impressive array of recipes from the Sunday Supper group. You’ll find ways to incorporate strawberries in just about every type of recipe!
- Strawberry Bee’s Knees by Go Epicurista
- Strawberries with Balsamic Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Hotteok (Fried Stuffed Pancake) by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry Salsa 2-Ways by Midlife Road Trip
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries with a Strawberry Dipping Sauce by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by Momma’s Meals
- Sparkling Strawberry Salad by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Steak Salad by Family Foodie
Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Balsamic Strawberries and Brie Grilled Sandwich by Sunday Supper Movement
- Savory Balsamic Roasted Strawberry and Basil Grilled Cheese by Pass The Sushi
- Strawberry Bruschetta Chicken by The Dinner-Mom
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Cream Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Fraisier by Love and Confections
- Strawberry Upside-Down Cheesecake by The Crumby Cupcake
Florida Winter Strawberry Recipes by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!