Not only do Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups have twice the chocolate, but they’re designed to hold ice cream or candy too. Pure decadence! This self-contained dessert cup is perfect for a picnic!
My girls came up with the idea to transform one of our favorite recipes, Molten Lava Chocolate Chip Cookies, into a "cup." I think it's because you get twice the treats!
We made them vegan because my daughter is allergic to egg and milk! But, they work equally well with egg as do all our vegan cookie recipes.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
Form the dough into balls about 1 ½ inches round and then press it into a greased muffin tin.
Bake for 8 minutes and remove from the oven. It will be partially cooked with a natural indentation in the middle.
Help the cup along by gently pressing the dough against the sides of the muffin tin with the back of a spoon.
Return the pan to the oven and cook for 4-6 minutes more. Allow the cookie to firm up in the pan for about 5 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
Variation: Use a mini muffin tin to make even smaller cups which would be perfect for mini chocolate chips!
Ways to Fill Cookie Cups
Let the good times roll! Here are some ideas:
- Candy - such as M and M's or Rolo's. For graduation parties or showers, use candy in the color scheme for the school, etc.
- Ice cream - don't forget the sprinkles!
- Marshmallows topped with a square of chocolate for an open-faced S' more.
- No-Bake Cheesecake - try the recipe from No-Bake Mini-Cheesecakes
- Pudding or Mousse
- Frosting - check out Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting
How will you fill your chocolate chip cookie cup? 🙂
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- ½ cup butter or vegan substitute
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg or egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla to bowl and combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa and combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into balls about 1 ½ inches round.
- Press dough into a muffin tin coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use spoon to gently press the dough against the sides of the muffin tin.
- Return to oven and cook for 4-6 minutes more.
- Allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes or until firm and then move to a baking rack to finish cooling.
- Fill cups with ice cream and candy!
Enjoy this recipe brought to you by The Dinner-Mom Daughters!