Guacamole stuffed mushrooms make perfect sense if you're watching carbs, eating clean or just looove these foods. I do and I've got some tips that will make this tasty combination easy to enjoy any time.
This little gem of a recipe for guacamole stuffed mushrooms was just too good not to share right away. It's similar to Guacamole Stuffed Deviled Eggs in pairing good old guacamole with another healthy ingredient...this time it's mushrooms.
- If you are eating low-carb or clean or Paleo or...
- If you have more guacamole or mushrooms on hand than you know what to do with or...
- If you love guacamole and mushrooms or...
- All of the above...then this recipe is for you!
It just so happens I can check all of the above boxes right now. That's how these stuffed mushrooms came to be. It's got the creamy texture I've come to expect in this kind of appetizer, but it's oh so healthy!
Tips to Make Guacamole Stuffed Mushrooms
I'm not so sure I can call this a recipe so much as an inspiration...
- Start with good guacamole. You can follow my Simple Guacamole Dip tutorial or use your favorite recipe.
- Prep your mushrooms. Gently brush off any dirt with a wet paper towel. Pop out the stem and lightly brush the outsides of the mushroom with olive oil.
- Bake the mushrooms for about 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until the mushroom is tender, but still firm.
- Remove the mushrooms to a serving platter, pouring off any juices that have pooled in the center cavity.
- Fill the center cavity with guacamole and enjoy!
Some tips I've learned along the way:
- You can cook the mushrooms with the guacamole filling in the center cavity. I like my quac room temperature or cool, so I added it at the end. But, I did try it both ways.
- Baby bellas or white mushrooms both work great.
- Check out The Best Way to Keep Guacamole Green by The Kitchn. They recommend adding a thin layer of water over the guacamole and pouring it off when you are ready to use it. I have also placed a piece of plastic wrap on top. But, I usually have to scrape off a brown top layer before I use it.
Watch this quick video tutorial to make the best quacamole ever:
Put it all together:
Guacamole Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 ounces mushrooms cleaned and stems removed (such as white or baby bella)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Prepared Guacamole See the Simple Guacamole Dip Recipe on The Dinner-Mom or use your favorite
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly brush the outsides of the mushrooms with olive oil.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the mushroom is tender, but still firm.
- Remove mushrooms to a serving platter, pouring off excess juices.
- Fill center cavity with prepared guacamole.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!