Guacamole Stuffed Deviled Eggs will be the hit of your next party, especially if your guests are eating low-carb, gluten-free or ketogenic.
We love simple guacamole dip so much that we stuffed hard-boiled eggs with it. It's the perfect healthy appetizer for parties, Easter or just snacking on the weekends. Make extra guacamole so you can enjoy Guacamole Stuffed Mushrooms too!
Aren't they gorgeous? Creamy and no mayonnaise required!
How to make Guacamole Stuffed Deviled Eggs
I'm not even sure this is a full-fledge recipe, but it's definitely a tasty idea that is very easy to do.
- Make hard-boiled eggs. Or buy them! Check out How to Make the Perfect Hard Boil Eggs by Simply Recipes if you need tips for making them. Cut them in half and remove the yolks.
- Make One Avocado Guacamole. Or buy some! Mix 1-2 yolks into the dip for a protein boost or use them for another purpose.
- Fill each egg half with guacamole.
- Enjoy right away!
How to stop Guacamole Stuffed Eggs from turning brown
The easiest way to solve this problem is to make the guacamole and stuff them shortly before you want to enjoy them. However, there are a few make-ahead tips to prevent a last-minute rush:
- Eggs can be hard-boiled a few days in advance and halved the day before.
- Make guacamole the same day and cover it with a thin layer of lemon juice. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the guacamole, touching the surface. If a brown spot happens to appear, just spoon it away when it's time to stuff the eggs.
Guacamole and eggs! Absolutely!
Video of How to Make Simple Guacamole Dip
The recipe below provides the ingredients for a small batch of guacamole. But, we highly recommend you make extra for chips, Cajun shrimp guacamole and such.
This video is for a full-size batch!
Please rate this recipe if you make it and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media! We love to see and SHARE your creations.
Guacamole Stuffed Deviled Eggs
- 1 Haas avocado ripe
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons red onion finely diced
- 1 plum tomato diced
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- cilantro garnish optional
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and scoop pulp into a small bowl.
- Combine avocado pulp, lemon juice, salt, red onion and tomato in the bowl.
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half. Reserve yolks for another use or crumble and mix the yolks of two eggs into the guacamole.
- Scoop guacamole into the open cavity in each egg half. Enjoy!