This Chick Pea Salad is loaded with carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and spinach. The longer you let the vegetables and garbanzo beans soak in the dressing, the better it tastes which makes it the perfect make-ahead recipe.
Keep a can of chick peas in your pantry and you can make this salad on a whim. Add whatever fresh vegetables you have in the refrigerator to the mix and you’ve got one delish and super healthy salad.
I’m always stocked with protein-packed, fiber-filled chick peas (a.k.a garbanzo beans.) It’s not too obvious how much I like this legume…is it?! Here are some popular recipes on The Dinner-Mom site where chick peas work their magic:
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Cilantro Pesto
- Crispy Curried Chick Peas
- Easy Shrimp Pad Thai
I’m super excited about the newest entry…
Chick Pea Salad Loaded with Veggies
This “recipe” for salad is really more of an idea to be customized. Fill up a bowl with your favorite vegetables, chick peas plus a little olive oil and red wine vinegar. I used cucumbers, carrots, red onion, tomatoes and spinach. Red or green peppers, hearts of palm and celery would be nice too. You can enjoy this salad right away.
However, the flavors meld together over time and the mixture tastes even better the next day which makes it a perfect mason jar salad. It stays fresh for at least 3 days in the refrigerator.
Top this salad with crumbled feta cheese. Or, for a dairy-free or vegan version, leave off the cheese. Either way, I guarantee you’ll be stocking more cans of chick peas!
Loaded Chick Pea Salad
- 1 can chick peas garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red onion diced (approx. 1/2 onion)
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced (approx. 1/2 a large cucumber)
- 1/2 cup tomato diced approx. 1 plum tomato
- 1/2 cup carrot sliced thin (about 1 large carrot)
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves sliced into strips
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Preferably, refrigerate for about 2 hours so that flavors meld.
- Top with feta cheese.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!