This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip recipe is packed with fall flavors! Use our serving ideas to make a show-stopping sweet dip for your next party.
Hosting an autumn soirée or gearing up for a memorable Thanksgiving dinner? Elevate your spread with a dessert dip that's as delightful as it is simple.
It's a no-bake treat you can whip up in 5 minutes using a handful of ingredients. So, you'll find me scooping fresh apples or dried apple chips into my low-sugar version any day of the week!
But it's even better dressed up with candied pecans. I save this special topping and fancy dippers for entertaining. And it's always the first thing to go.
Are you a cheesecake lover, too? This creamy pumpkin dessert dip is rich and satisfying. And much like whipped pumpkin cottage cheese, it tastes like pumpkin cheesecake!
Why You'll Love This Easy Pumpkin Dip Recipe:
- It's quick and simple to make.
- It calls for pantry ingredients you probably have on hand. (There's no cool whip in this recipe.)
- It can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator, making it perfect for parties and get-togethers.
- You can turn it into something extra special with our topping and serving ideas.
- Or you can make a healthy version that's lower in sugar and use fruit for dipping.
Here's what you'll need for this easy pumpkin dip recipe:
- Pumpkin - Do not use pumpkin pie filling (it contains extra ingredients.) We used canned pumpkin, but fresh pumpkin that has been pureed will also work.
- Cream cheese - Any type will work, including a plant-based brand to make a vegan version.
- Confectioners' sugar, also known as powdered sugar - Use keto-friendly alternatives for a lower-carb version. Another option is to replace a portion of the total amount needed with an alternative sweetener.
- Vanilla extract - This adds a touch of depth to the dip.
- Cinnamon or pumpkin spice - I always have cinnamon on hand, so that's what I usually use.
Please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions.
Directions with Pictures
Below are the steps to make pumpkin cream cheese dip:
Note: Use a deep bowl if you have one. It will minimize the chance for powdered sugar to splatter out as you mix.
- Add chunks of cream cheese and pumpkin puree to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat at low speed until fairly smooth.
- The cream cheese should be at room temperature before you start. If you're in a hurry, cut it into chunks and microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Slowly add powdered sugar to the bowl and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon or pumpkin spice to the bowl and continue mixing on medium speed for about 1 minute or until smooth and creamy.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy!
The indulgent version of this pumpkin cheesecake dip is topped with candied pecans. Here's what you need to do, and it's easier than you think!
Simply melt butter in a small sauce pot. Add brown sugar and maple syrup and stir to combine. Stir in pecans until coated. Spread pecans into a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cook them in a 350°F oven for 5-6 minutes until fragrant.
Chop pecans into smaller pieces and scatter on top!
Storage and Make Ahead
Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Make Ahead: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip can be made ahead of time! If using candied pecans, store them separately until serving.
What to Serve With Pumpkin Dip
Below are our favorite dippers:
- Fresh apple slices, pear slices, or berries
- Dried pear chips or apple chips
- Graham Crackers
- Cookies, such as vanilla wafers, animal crackers, ginger snaps, biscotti
- A drizzle of caramel sauce or a dollop of whipped cream.
Serving Idea: Hollow out a small to medium-sized pumpkin and serve the dip from it.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Do you have leftover pumpkin puree? Use it to make one of these reader favorites:
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a rating and tell us how you liked it!
Easy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed and softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 15 ounce pumpkin puree 1 can; 3 ½ cups, if using fresh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
Candied Pecans (Optional, not included in nutritional estimate)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar packed
For Dipping, Optional Choices
- Fresh fruit, such as apples, pears, berries, and grapes
- Cookies such as vanilla wafers, ginger snaps, biscotti
- Using a hand mixer, combine cream cheese and pumpkin puree in a large bowl until creamy.
- Slowly mix in powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon (or pumpkin spice) to bowl and mix until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Store dip in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Top with candied pecans, if using.
- Serve with apple slices, grapes, graham crackers, animal crackers or vanilla wafers.
Candied Pecans (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add maple syrup and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Add pecans and stir to coat.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake pecans for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Cool completely and then coarsely chop.
- Yield is about 3 cups, serving size is ¼ cup
- To soften cream cheese Cut it into chunks and microwave for a short burst of about 15 seconds.
- Low-carb substitutions: Use keto-friendly powdered sugar.
- Storage: Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This recipe was originally published on 9/19/13 and has been updated to improve the reader experience.