Creamy White Bean Chicken Chili is the perfect blend of cheesy, sweet and spicy. Transform last night’s leftover chicken into a delicious bowl of comfort in under 30 minutes!
Cook once, eat twice. That’s what this recipe is all about. If you have leftover chicken, then this recipe will transform that chicken into a whole new meal. And, that’s a good reason to have leftover chicken. Rotisserie chicken one night…
Creamy White Bean Chicken Chili the next…
Spices make the transformation easy! This recipe uses paprika, oregano and cayenne pepper and I’m guessing they’re at the front of your spice rack. (Ok…Maybe not cayenne. I like just a touch of heat. If you don’t like spicy, just leave this spice out.)
But, how about coriander? Have you tried it? Is it one of those spices you tried once in a recipe and now don’t know what to do with it? The Recipe Redux is dusting off spices that are lurking in the back of the closet and giving them new life. And, I’m here to tell you about coriander. 🙂
If you like cilantro, then this is your spice. It’s the dried seeds from the cilantro plant and it offers many health benefits, including anti-inflammatory, cholesterol-lowering and blood-sugar lowering properties according to Dr. Weil in Cooking with Spices: Cilantro.
But, I just love the taste of coriander (and cilantro as you might have guessed!) It has a fresh, citrus-like scent and gives creamy white bean chicken chili a distinctive flavor.
The cheesiness comes from 1/3 less fat cream cheese and corn adds little punches of sweetness.
It’s a delish cheesy, spicy and sweet bowl of comfort!
- 4 cups of cooked chicken (we used leftover Rotisserie chicken)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans low-salt chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 1 (4 ounce can) of diced green chilies, undrained
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Optional toppings: fresh chopped cilantro and sliced green onion
- Shred or cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Place half the beans, chunks of cream cheese and ¼ cup of chicken broth in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onions and saute for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for about a minute more.
- Add remaining chicken broth, remaining unprocessed beans, chicken, chilies and the next 7 ingredients to the pot. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add pureed bean and cream cheese mixture to pot, stir to combine and simmer for about 10 minutes more.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Top with cheese, cilantro and green onions before serving.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!
Do you have some spices that haven’t seen the light of day in a while? Get inspired with these recipes.