Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore with onions, peppers, mushrooms and carrots is slow cooked in a flavorful tomato sauce. It’s an easy and healthy comfort meal.
Transitioning from fun holiday activities back to a busy work/school schedule can be a tough pill to swallow…at least at our house. Any time of year, but especially this time of year, I really appreciate the flexibility and ease of a crock pot meal. It’s ready when we are ready. (Soccer practice runs late. No problem. Dinner is still ready to go when we get home.) It accommodates conflicting schedules too. (I literally sit down to dinner twice on some nights!) Most importantly, the house is full of inviting aromas…and a kind of warmth that is comforting as you move into the New Year. Who can resist a nice warm meal after coming in out of the cold?!
It’s no wonder that the most viewed recipe on The Dinner-Mom site in 2013 was a slow cooker one… Crock Pot Baked Ziti!
I highly recommend browning the chicken on the stove top first. I shutter at the thought of messing up a pan first thing in the morning…but it is totally worth it. Totally. Of course, another option is to prep everything the night before.
Ease into 2014 with these great slow-cooker and crock pot ideas from the Sunday Supper Group! And, thanks to Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings for hosting this event.
Whet Your Appetite
Simmering Soups, Stews, and Side Dishes
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Low-Carb Chunky Beefy Vegetable Soup from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Beef, Wine and Mushroom Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Foxes Love Lemons
- Beef Stew from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pot Roast and Portabello Stew from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Slow Cooker Black Bean and Polenta Stew from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Turkey Stew from Magnolia Days
- San Antonio Chunky Chicken Stew from The Weekend Gourmet
- Pumpkin, Chickpea & Lentil Stew from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Slow Cooker Chickpeas from Shockingly Delicious
- Football Sunday Teriyaki Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Apricot Jalapeno Pork Chops from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Vegan Slow Cooker Hoppin’ John from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow Cooker Coffee Glazed Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Honey BBQ Ribs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Jerk Pork from Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Beef Daube Provencal from Momma’s Meals
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore from The Dinner-Mom
- Chicken and Broccoli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tacos de Lengua from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken & Black Beans for Tacos from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chinese Chicken from The Ninja Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket French Dip Sandwiches from Neighborfood
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.