And the Oscar goes to….a healthier version of Warm Artichoke Dip.
The Oscars are coming up. And, it’s fun to serve something special in honor of this event. We’ll be watching. But, I’m still recovering from Valentine’s Day so a lightened-up version of this dip is in order. You won’t miss a thing in this creamy, three cheese version, except for some calories. I’ve tested it on my most truthful, no holds barred, taste-tester (my husband.)
“Nope. Can’t tell it’s not a full fat version. Love it.”
This dip is Oscar-worthy. Three cheeses and lots of artichoke are baked until bubbly and served with crackers or chips.
And now, I believe a review of the cast of characters is in order.
Artichokes are the star of this show. Drain thoroughly and then roughly chop them. I started with quartered pieces. Make sure to buy artichokes that are NOT marinated or you will get an entirely different outcome.
The stand-out surprise ingredient is The Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Light Spreadable Cheese Wedges. This creamy addition replaces some of the mayonnaise in this dip.
Not pictured are strong supporting characters for this dip: mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Use low-fat mozzarella cheese.
Lastly, the technical supporting role goes to mayonnaise, which contributes to the extra creamy texture. Again, use a low-fat version.
Everything goes into a bowl and is mixed thoroughly. Scrape the mixture into an oven-proof dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until warmed through and bubbly.
Without further ado…a creamy and healthier warm artichoke dip. Serve with your favorite crackers or vegetable crudites.
A few more noteworthy items about this dip:
- It freezes! I store one serving portions in little containers. Instant portion control.
- A 1/4 cup serving of the mixture is 3 WW points.
- Can’t find Laughing Cow Cheese? Substitute the same amount of light cream cheese and add a pinch of garlic powder.
- 7½ ounce can of quartered artichoke hearts (not marinated)
- 4 wedges (3 ounces) of Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb Spreadable Cheese
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Crackers, chips or veges for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and roughly chop artichoke hearts.
- Thoroughly mix the first five ingredients together in a bowl with a spoon.
- Scrape mixture into a shallow oven-proof dish.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
- Serve with crackers, chips and veges.
That’s a wrap. I hope you enjoy it and the show!