This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Oven Baked Feta Cheese with Zoodles and Shrimp turns the viral Tik Tok recipe into a complete, low-carb, keto-friendly meal!
Have you seen how effortlessly you can bake a feta cheese block and cherry tomatoes in the oven and turn it into a creamy, decadent pasta dish? It's totally up to the hype!
Just like Zucchini Alfredo, our version of this recipe feels indulgent! Zucchini noodles stand in for pasta which makes it low-carb AND a complete, veggie packed meal.
You'll love this recipe because:
- It's so easy to make (you'll wonder why you waited so long to try it.)
- It has just 5 ingredients!
- It's special-occasion worthy.
- It's healthy-ish and lower in carbs.
Ingredients and Substitutions
Here are the essential ingredients for this recipe:
- Feta cheese - Use whole fat cheese. Low-fat and fat-free versions can result in a grainy sauce. Buy a block and don't crumble it.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes add a pop of sweet flavor when they roast and burst. We used 2 pints. But, you could cut back to 1 package if desired. I don't think you'll have quite the same experience with this recipe if you substitute diced tomatoes.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil coats the tomatoes for roasting and emulsifies the sauce after it cooks.
- Note: You can get away with a little less oil but the end result may not be as creamy depending upon how much you cut back. We recommend stretching the sauce out instead by adding extra vegetables and watching the serving size.
- Zucchini that has been spiralized like a noodle stands in for pasta. Other low-carb options include spaghetti squash noodles or low-carb pasta, such as Carba-nada egg noodles by al dente.
- Another option: ½ pasta and ½ zoodles!
- Shrimp is quick to cook and complements the dish beautifully. Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken and Blackened Cod are other protein options.
- Garlic - You can't go wrong adding this ingredient! Add as much as you like. We press or mince it first. But you can also roast the cloves whole along with the tomatoes and cream them into the sauce after they are cooked and soft.
Top baked feta pasta with fresh basil if you have some!
Directions with Pictures
Baked Feta Cheese Zoodles and Shrimp is essentially 3 great recipes combined to make one amazing dinner. Make all three parts or just the sauce and come up with your own creation using the tips!
Baked Feta Cheese Recipe
- Toss grape tomatoes with olive oil and garlic in a large glass baking dish.
- Place a block of feta cheese in the center and drizzle more olive oil over the top.
- Bake until the tomatoes begin to burst apart and the feta cheese is soft and lightly browned on top.
- Use a spoon to cream everything together.
While this part is baking, make the zoodles and shrimp.
Use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to cut zucchini into long strands. Make them thick or thin according to your preference. There are two ways to use them in this recipe:
- Stir uncooked zoodles into the hot sauce when it comes out of the oven. Use a "thin" setting, and they will quickly warm and be crisp tender in the final dish.
- Sauté zucchini noodles on the stovetop first in a teaspoon of olive oil for several minutes. Stir them into the cooked sauce.
This is yet another great way to use easy Skillet Shrimp! Here's how to make it:
- Heat butter and/or olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp to the skillet, toss to coat, and arrange in a single layer.
- After 3-4 minutes, flip the shrimp to the other side.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes more or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Don't overcook!
Stir the shrimp into the casserole dish, along with the zucchini noodles and enjoy!
Storage and Reheating
Place leftover baked feta cheese zoodles and shrimp in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat over medium low heat on the stovetop until heated through. Alternatively, microwave at short 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until warmed through.
More Zucchini and Shrimp Dinner Recipes
All of these recipes are perfect with shrimp too!
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a rating and tell us how you liked it!
Baked Feta Pasta with Zoodles and Shrimp
- 2 pints Grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 8 ounces feta cheese block whole fat
- 1 pound zucchini spiralized
- 1 pound shrimp peeled, deveined, tail on or off according to preference
- ¼ cup fresh basil (optional) stacked, rolled and cut into thin strips
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Place tomatoes in a large glass baking dish.
- Toss with ¼ cup olive oil and garlic.
- Place block of feta cheese in the center of the dish and drizzle about 2 Tablespoons olive oil over the top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to burst and the feta cheese is soft and begins to brown on the top.
- While feta is baking, spiralize the zucchini into long strands and cook the shrimp.
- Thin strands can be stirred directly into the hot sauce at serving time. Otherwise, sauté zucchini noodles in a large skillet over medium-high heat with a teaspoon of olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until desired tenderness. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat 2 Tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in the skillet used to cook the zucchini noodles.
- Toss shrimp with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, arrange in a single layer, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the shrimp to the other side. Cook for 3-4 minutes more or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Don't overcook!
- Remove baked feta and tomatoes from the oven and stir to break up the tomatoes and cream everything together.
- Stir in zucchini noodles and shrimp.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired and enjoy!