Lemon Pepper Tilapia is low-carb and gluten-free. But, the very best thing about this delicious recipe is that it’s ready in 15 minutes!
The unbeatable combination of lemon, butter and garlic is not just for Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken, Rock Shrimp…or even Lemon Garlic Zucchini Noodles. It’s also a quick, easy way to prepare tilapia. It’s safe to say this combination is a winner everywhere it goes.
If you’re a seafood lover, chances are you have some of this mild white fish in the freezer…which means your minutes away from enjoying this recipe.
Ingredients in Lemon Pepper Tilapia
Stay stocked with these ingredients and you will always have lots of options:
- Butter – slice off thin pats of butter that will melt over the tilapia as it bakes.
- Lemon juice – squeeze a fresh lemon or use fresh squeezed from a bottle.
- Garlic powder – gives this dish the garlic flavor.
- Paprika – flavors the tilapia but also gives it a dash of color.
- Lemon-pepper seasoning – there are lots of choices for this spice. Ideally choose a product without added sugar and salt.
- Salt – to taste!
- Green onion – if you have some on hand, definitely use it! It adds a pop of color. The tilapia will still taste great if you leave the onions off!
- Parsley – same deal with the parsley!
This is a more or less recipe. While ingredient amounts are provided below, it’s a matter of sprinkling the ingredients over the fish.
I use my finger tips to get more even coverage when topping the fish with spices.
If you want to supercharge the lemon flavor in Baked Lemon Pepper Tilapia then zest the lemon and sprinkle it on top!
Is tilapia healthy?
There’s a lot of press regarding whether it’s healthy to eat tilapia and it frequently comes up on social media when a recipe includes this type of fish. The Truth About Tilapia by Berkeley Wellness discusses these concerns. Consume responsibility raised tilapia in moderation.
The good news is that this recipe works well with any white fish. We’ve used it with turbot, halibut and haddock and to make Lemony Baked Basa.
What to serve with Baked Lemon Pepper Tilapia
Quick and easy sides that take less than 15 minutes to make include:
- Zucchini noodles or other squash that has been spiralized
- Cauliflower Rice
- Wilted Spinach
- Green beans
- Marinated tomatoes
- Microwave corn on the cob
Tip: Most of these sides can be seasoned with any or all of the ingredients used to make lemon pepper tilapia!
If you have a little more time or plan ahead:
Lemon pepper tilapia can even become the base for another dish like fish tacos or tossed into a Tomato Florentine Soup!
Video: Lemon Pepper Tilapia Recipe
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up!
Lemon Pepper Tilapia
- 16 ounces tilapia or other mild white fish 4 filets
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 2 Tablespoons parsley chopped
- Lemon wedges optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat fish fillets dry and place in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour lemon juice and melted butter over fish.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over fish.
- Bake uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if using.