Roasted shrimp cooks quickly in a garlicky sauce with cilantro, lime and lemon. Spoon the extra sauce over rice or noodles and add a few veges for a high-protein, low calorie meal.
Really…lemon and lime? Yes! It’s hard to choose which I like better. Meyers lemons are popping off the trees around here. And, if you use lemon, then you have a traditional scampi taste that is delightful. But, it’s hard to beat the one-two punch of lime and cilantro…yes, my cilantro passion is running strong these days. So, I comprised and used a little of each citrus juice and
…this garlicky roasted shrimp was awesome!
Sorry, to scream out like that. But, this is another one of those recipes that is sooo easy to make that it’s a must for your recipe rotation. The marinade is a simple mixture of butter (I use a low-fat, vegan version,) lemon and/or lime juice and garlic. Marinate the shrimp for about 15 minutes and bake for about 10. Sprinkle fresh cilantro all over when it comes out. It is a site to behold.
I like to roast the shrimp in the oven rather than messing with the stove top. One pound of shrimp fits perfectly in my glass 9 x 13 inch pan. Check the shrimp after 10 minutes and give it a stir. The shrimp should be pink and no longer opaque.
I’ve got my healthy on when I have this. I don’t worry too much about the butter. I don’t use much, most of it stays in the baking dish…if I want it to…and I use a low-fat margarine to keep the calories down. Shrimp is naturally low in calories, so I eat my fill. Ahem…I mean I am mindful of what I am eating and eat until I am comfortably satisfied. I usually mix in some veges and serve it over rice or noodles, preferably the whole wheat kind. I always feel indulgent without feeling like I over-indulged.
Add a few toothpicks and serve roasted shrimp as an appetizer too!
Garlicky Roasted Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime and Lemon
- 1 pound medium shrimp peel, deveined and tail removed
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons total lemon and/or lime juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place shrimp a large glass baking dish.
- Mix butter, lemon/lime and garlic together and pour over shrimp.
- Toss to coat shrimp and then arrange shrimp in a single layer.
- Allow shrimp to marinate for 15 minutes, but no longer than 30 minutes.
- Bake shrimp for 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and no longer opaque.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro over the top of the shrimp.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!