Gather ’round the grill with family and friends to make this Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe with zucchini, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Not only will you enjoy a flavorful pizza, but you’ll make some memories in the process.
We just crossed grilled pizza off our Food and Recipe Bucket List!
Do you have one? It’s a list of recipes or foods or even restaurants your family wants to try. There’s no need to be formal. It can just be an ongoing discussion. Once you start one, I bet your family will become a little more adventurous and everyone will become more involved in making good food choices.
Zucchini brownies, crock pot baked ziti and chocolate avocado pudding were all an entry on our infamous list at one time. I can’t say we all agreed on the priority of these adventures, but they made for some very memorable experiences none the less. (I may have forever lost my daughter’s trust by sneaking zucchini shreds into her brownies…but you really can’t taste the zucchini!)
One thing that we all agree on is pizza…and grilling! I looove when the grill comes out because the entire family gets involved. My hubby is the official CGO (Chief Grilling Officer.) But, everyone chips in to get dinner on the table. It’s a family bonding experience. And, everyone looks forward to the meal…because everything just tastes better on the grill!
You’re going to love this recipe because:
- It combines convenience and fresh ingredients for a quick and easy meal.
- Grilling pizza intensifies the flavors and is sooo quick!
- It’s a family memory-making experience….
Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza Tips and Tricks
The key to grilled pizza is organization. Everything should be completely ready to go on the grill. And, everyone must know their assignment in advance. It’s helpful to have many hands…family teamwork at its finest!
The veggies are roasted in the oven and can be made a day in advance. My youngest dd is holding the vegetables, cooked chicken, cheese and ranch dressing which are staged for quick assembly. My hubby has the important job of placing the pizza dough on the grill and flipping it over, without burning the bottom.
We found that placing the rolled out crust in the freezer for about 10 minutes made the job a little easier.
Even our pup got in on the action, helping with the timer. It only takes about 2-3 minutes to cook the first side! Then, the dough is flipped to the other side, all the toppings are added and in about 3 more minutes the pizza is done!
The rest of the time is spent enjoying pizza with the family!
I’m thrilled to bring you this Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe as part of Gather ‘Round The Grill, a campaign sponsored by Tyson® that promotes families gathering round the grill to make delicious food and spend quality time together. I was able to find all of the products I need for the recipe at Walmart and at a great value too!
Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza with Veggies
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece® Garlic & Herb Marinade
- 1/4 cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 11 ounces pizza dough
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast shredded or diced
- 1 cup zucchini sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- In a large bowl, toss the onion, zucchini, peppers and mushrooms together with the KC Masterpiece® Garlic & Herb Marinade.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes or until the vegetables have softened and edges are browned.
- Preheat the grill.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough into a 15-inch circle.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Lay dough onto grill, oil side down. Cover and grill over medium coals, about 3 minutes or until dough is puffed and underside is browned.
- Using tongs, turn pizza over and quickly spread the top with the dressing.
- Sprinkle the cheese, vegetables and chicken over the dressing and cover.
- Grill another 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and underside of pizza is browned. Use tongs to slide onto cutting board.
- Drizzle the KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce on top and sprinkle with the chopped oregano.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.