Gather 'round the grill with family and friends to make this Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe with zucchini, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Not only will you enjoy a flavorful pizza, but you'll make some memories in the process.
We just finished another fun cookout recipe! It's on our recipe bucket list. Do you have one?
It's a list of recipes or foods your family wants to try. There's no need to be formal. It can just be an ongoing discussion.
Once you start one, I bet your family will become a little more adventurous and everyone will become more involved in making good food choices.
Zucchini brownies and Fruit Pizza Cookies were both on our infamous list at one time. I can't say we all agreed on the priority of these adventures, but they made for some very memorable experiences none the less.
Why Grill Pizza?
One thing that we all agree on is pizza...and grilling! I love when the grill comes out because the entire family gets involved. My hubby is the official CGO (Chief Grilling Officer.) But, everyone chips in to get dinner on the table. It's a family bonding experience. And, everyone looks forward to the meal...because everything just tastes better on the grill!
You're going to love this recipe because:
- It combines convenience and fresh ingredients for a quick and easy meal.
- Grilling pizza intensifies the flavors and is sooo quick!
- It's a family memory-making experience!
Tips and Tricks
- The key to grilled pizza is organization. Everything should be completely ready to go on the grill. And, everyone must know their assignment in advance. It's helpful to have many hands...family teamwork at its finest!
- Veggies can be roasted in the oven up to a day in advance or make them on the grill first.
- For BBQ Chicken Pizza, stage vegetables, cooked chicken, cheese and ranch dressing for quick assembly. My hubby has the important job of placing the pizza dough on the grill and flipping it over, without burning the bottom.
- We found that placing the rolled out crust in the freezer for about 10 minutes made the job a little easier.
- Someone needs to manage the timer too. It only takes about 2-3 minutes to cook the first side! Then, the dough is flipped to the other side, all the toppings are added and in about 3 more minutes the pizza is done!
More Grilling Recipes
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom if you make it. We love to see and SHARE what you're cooking up!
Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza with Veggies
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 cup zucchini sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper seeded, sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 11 ounces pizza dough
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast shredded or diced
- ½ cup Ranch Dressing
- ¼ cup Barbecue Sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 °F or grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, toss onion, zucchini, peppers and mushrooms with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer on baking sheet coated with cooking spray or in a grill basket and roast for 20 minutes or until the vegetables have softened and edges are browned.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough into a 15-inch circle.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Lay dough onto grill, oil side down. Cover and grill over medium coals, about 3 minutes or until dough is puffed and underside is browned.
- Using tongs, turn pizza over and quickly spread the top with ranch dressing.
- Top with chicken, vegetables and cheese and cover with grill lid.
- Grill another 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and underside of pizza is browned. Use tongs to slide onto cutting board.
- Drizzle barbecue sauce on top and sprinkle and enjoy!
This recipe was originally published 7/8/2015. It was updated to improve the reader experience.