This 3 Ingredient Harry Potter Golden Snitch Truffles recipe would definitely receive approval from the Hogwart's Quidditch team. The edible balls are easy to make and the paper wings are too! They are party perfect in no time!
Around here we celebrate all things Harry Potter with these cheesecake-like Truffles and cup of Pumpkin Juice:
- Release of a new film, like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Check.
- Release of a book (like Harry Potter and the Cursed Child). Yep.
- Harry Potter's birthday! A party-worthy occasion at our house. (It's on July 31st. Don't forget!)
- Halloween, of course! A Harry Potter inspired costume, complete with robe, tie and glasses is involved along with a Harry Potter themed food spread.
Golden snitch truffles are always on our party menu because they are just so darn easy to make!
How to Make 3 Ingredient Golden Snitch Truffles
I'm smitten with the chocolate cheesecake taste of this batter. The balls are so versatile and can become so many things depending upon what you roll them in and how they are presented. They are also a delightful cake topper or addition to other Harry Potter themed desserts!
And, they are soooo easy. There are just two ingredients in the batter. Really. When they are combined I'm in heaven!
Crush the Oreos and stir in the softened cream cheese. A food processor makes quick work of this task, but you can do it by hand. (In case you noticed, a half batch is pictured because I can't be trusted with an entire batch all by myself during a photography shoot!)
I'm perfectly satisfied with ⅓ less fat cream cheese and my dd makes them with a vegan cream cheese brand since this particular cookie is naturally free of dairy and egg.
Then, it's all about the rolling. Grab about 1 Tablespoon of batter and roll. Make the batter as smooth as you would like. I should have processed these a little longer. However, after they are rolled in sprinkles, I think they look just perfect.
Note: Placing the batter in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes if it is a little soft will help the balls keep their shape.
Then, roll baby roll. These sparkling, glittering gold sprinkles never fail to impress. We buy them in bulk. 🙂 Luckily, there are plenty of other recipes and occasions where they shine.
How to Make Paper Wings for a Golden Snitch
While you are waiting for everything to firm up, make some easy paper wings. 2 wings are needed per a Golden Snitch ball and you will need the following items to make them:
- Gold markers, crayons, etc. (If you use gold paper, then you don't need to color the wings.)
- Scissors (to cut out the wings out and to pretty up the edges if desired.
Of course, you could just make one very fancied winged Golden Snitch. After all, there is only ONE Golden Snitch!
Decorating these is a fun activity for kids or the kid-at-heart!
Make a template for the wings. Fold a piece of paper in half and cut out a shape wing that is about 2 inches long and about ¾ of an inch wide when folded in half.
Decorate the wings with pen or crayon or just use gold colored paper.
Place the toothpick in the center fold leaving enough of the toothpick showing (about 1 inch) for placement in the golden snitch truffle. The edges of this wing shown were cut with a jagged edge for effect.
I think the Quidditch players at Hogwarts would approve of these Golden Snitch Truffles. Don't you?
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a rating and tell us how you liked it!
Harry Potter Golden Snitch Truffles Recipe
- 36 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies 14.3 ounce package of Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese any kind including vegan. We used ⅓ less fat.
- 36 teaspoons gold sprinkles estimated amount
- Process the cookies in a food processor or place them in a plastic bag and crumble until they are finely crushed.
- Thoroughly mix the cookie crumbles with the softened cream cheese to form dough.
- Refrigerate for 30 minute to an hour or until the dough is firm enough to hold its shape.
- Form balls by rolling about 1 Tablespoon of dough with clean hands.
- Fill a small bowl with sprinkles and roll balls in sprinkles until covered.
- Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Add toothpicks with paper wings to each truffle before serving.
Pin it for reference: