This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I've got a confession to make (that any orange and blue-blooded Florida Gator should definitely not admit to.) My favorite part of a football game is the tailgating party before the game ever starts! My go-to recipe is Mahogany Baked Chicken Wings and Drumettes...'cuz you've got to have tasty wings!
These baked chicken wings owe their mahogany name to the dark, sweet glaze they are baked in. It's a combination of balsamic vinegar, honey, molasses, chili sauce, ground ginger, and garlic. It was inspired by the Mahogany Chicken Wings on AllRecipes. Instead of soy sauce (we've got an allergy in the house,) we used balsamic vinegar, which perfectly complements the other sweet ingredients. These wings are sticky and addictive.
Garnish the baked chicken wings and drumettes with sesame seeds and green onion for a festive look.
You won't need to worry about keeping these hot. Baked chicken wings with a mahogany glaze will be long gone before the coin toss. 🙂
Mahogany Baked Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings tips removed and/or drummettes
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 Tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
- ½ cup green onion sliced thin for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the chicken to a large plastic bag that seals. Combine ingredients by massaging the bag contents or use a spoon stir.
- Add chicken to the bag and turn bag until the chicken is coated with marinade.
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to two hours, turning the bag over half way through.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake chicken in the oven for 50 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Discard the marinade or bring it to a full boil for 3 minutes on the stove top and serve as a dipping sauce with the chicken.