Mixed berry crumble is a medley of your favorite berries topped with a sweet, buttery oatmeal crumble and baked until bubbly. It's the perfect way to welcome spring!
What do you do when faced with an abundance of fresh berries? Say...strawberries, blueberries and blackberries or raspberries? Why you make a mixed berry crumble, of course!
And, when fruit becomes dessert, life is good. 🙂
How to Make Mixed Berry Crumble
I'm going to walk you through the easy preparation.
You'll need about 4 cups of your favorite berries. These strawberries were so big I cut them into large pieces. Springtime often brings raspberries to the market too!
By the way, this happens to be an outstanding make ahead and freeze recipe and a great way to use those berries up when you have way too many on hand.
I love fruit all by itself. But, let's face it. A sweet, buttery crumbly topping takes it over the top. Bake it in ramekins or a baking dish...whatever you do just bake it!
Forks? Spoons? What's the proper utensil for this treat?
Well, if you add a layer of ice cream, I'd definitely pass out the spoons.
Or you can enjoy this mixed berry crumble with a fork. Either way, you'll be greeting spring with a smile.
More Desserts Using Berries
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up!
Mixed Berry Crumble Recipe
- 4 cups assorted berries such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon corn starch
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar loosely packed
- ¾ cup oatmeal old fashioned whole oats
- 6 Tablespoons butter or vegan alternative cut into small pieces (keep chilled until ready to use)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add berries to a large bowl.
- Stir lemon juice, granulated sugar and corn starch together, add to berry mixture and toss berries to coat.
- Set berries aside while making the crumble topping.
- Add flour, brown sugar and oatmeal to a large bowl and mix to combine (in a new bowl, not the one with the berries.)
- Add chilled butter to the oatmeal mixture and mix using a pastry blender, fork or fingers until the mixture is "crumbly."
- Divide berries between 6 ramekins or layer in the bottom of a 8 x 11 pan.
- Sprinkle crumble topping over the berries.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and berries are tender.
- Serve warm.