Roasted Buffalo Chickpeas are spicy, sweet and very addictive. It’s a good thing these crispy little garbanzo beans are healthy!
Are you a nibbler? A snacker? A grazer? I am!
So come Sunday when the big game is on, I’ll be munching on these crispy roasted buffalo chickpeas coated in a sweet and spicy “wing” coating. I’ll use the extra Buffalo Wings Sauce to make Meatless Meatloaf Muffins with beans and Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf Cups.
In fact, I’ll probably lay out a nice spread of appetizer-sized dishes, something for everyone, and call it dinner..a dinner party! I’m giddy at the idea.
But, before I divulge my “dinner” plan, let’s talk about just how easy it is to make these buffalo roasted chickpeas…because you’re going to want to make these again and again and will probably come up with some variations of your own.
How to Make Roasted Buffalo Chick Peas
They all start out the same way. Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas. Lay them out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. They are pretty darn good at this point.
The secret is in the sauce and that’s what takes them to the next level. This recipe is a mixture of buffalo wing sauce, olive oil and agave nectar, which makes it sweet and spicy.
Remove the chickpeas from the oven and toss them with the coating. Return them to the oven and roast for about 10 minutes more or until they are crisped to your liking. The coating will continue to “set” after they come out of the oven…if you can wait a few minutes. And, if you happen to have any leftover, they are fantastic over salads greens or wrapped up in a flour tortilla with your favorite fixings. 🙂
Roasted Buffalo Chickpeas
- 15.5 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse chickpeas in a colander and pat dry, removing excess skin if desired.
- Place chickpeas on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While chickpeas are baking, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove chickpeas from oven and toss to coat with buffalo mixture.
- Return chickpeas to oven and cook for 10-15 minutes more or until chickpeas "rattle" in the pan. Check after 10 minutes and jiggle pan to move chickpeas around to ensure that bottoms do not brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!