Cheesecake stuffed strawberries are easy to prepare, delicious to eat and stunning to behold. The no-bake filling is on the low-cal side too, but you’d never know it!
Strawberries = Roses = Special = Valentine’s Day. Okay, the relationship isn’t exactly equal. But, I’m always taken with the beautiful and romantic ways strawberries can be presented for special occasions. I’m completely in love with strawberries cut into roses. I’d never pass up a chocolate dipped strawberries. And, these cheesecake stuffed strawberries are my weakness. Tried and true no-bake cheesecake is the perfect filling in plump and juicy strawberries. I keep this simple combination of whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar stashed in the freezer because it is so versatile. It’s perfect in parfaits, spread atop a pizza cookie and takes center stage in this recipe. I use low-fat versions of the ingredients to keep the calorie count down.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Step-by-Step
Another thing to love about Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries…they’re easy to prepare.
Wash and thoroughly dry the strawberries. Remove the stems and cut a thin slice off the bottom of the strawberries so they will stand nicely on a plate.
Make deep slits in the shape of an “x” without cutting through the strawberry entirely. Gently spread the strawberry apart.
Fill a pastry or plastic bag with the cheesecake filling. If using a plastic bag, squeeze the filling to one corner of the bag and then nip the corner when you are ready to begin filling the strawberries.
Pipe the cream cheese filling into the center of each strawberry.
Make ahead tip: The filling can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for about a week. It can be stored in the freezer too. Defrost it in the refrigerator and stir before using.
Add sprinkles or mini chocolate chips to the top for a festive presentation. I’d love to nosh on a plate of Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries on Valentine’s Day…okay any day. 🙂
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces light whipped topping
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 pints of strawberries, preferably with long cylindrical shapes
- Sprinkles or mini chocolate chips, optional
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, using beaters to mix until light and fluffy.
- Fold in whipped topping and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Store cheesecake mixture in the refrigerator while preparing strawberries.
- Wash, dry and remove stems from strawberries.
- Cut a small slice off the bottoms of the strawberries so they will sit nicely on a plate.
- Use a knife to cut deep slits in the top of each strawberry in the shape of an "x" being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Gently spread the strawberries open.
- Fill a pastry bag or plastic bag with the cream cheese filling.
- Squeeze the filling to the corner of the bag and nip off the corner.
- Pipe the filling into the center of each strawberry.
- Top strawberries with sprinkles or mini chocolate chips, if using.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!