A perenial favorite at our store.
Chicken Mirabella is both sweet and savory.
A delicate brown sugar crust and baked dried plums are blended with a bold marinade that includes red wine vinegar, capers, plenty of garlic and a splash of white wine.
It is beautifully garnished with olives!
It’s easy to freeze too. When you are ready to cook it, simply defrost and cook in the pan.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1½ pounds)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon oregano (dried)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons capers, with a little juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup dried plums, pits removed
- 6-8 green olives, pits removed
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish (or tin if you will be freezing the meal) and pour marinade over the top. Turn chicken to coat with marinade.
- Pour white wine around chicken.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup packed brown sugar over the top of the chicken.
- Top with ⅓ cup prunes.
- Garnish with olives.
- Follow cooking directions below to enjoy this entree now.
- To freeze the meal and enjoy later, cover with lid or aluminum foil, wrap in plastic wrap.
- Print and cut the cooking directions below. Tape to the outside of the storage container.
- Thaw in refrigerator for approx. 24-36 hours.
- Bake uncovered in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
- Spoon sauce over the top of chicken at least once during cooking and before serving.
Tips and Suggestions
- An alternative storage method is to freeze the chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag. Add finishing ingredients after chicken is defrosted and ready to cook.
- If you are not a fan of prunes, try figs or raisins.
- Need smaller portions? Make half to eat now and freeze the rest for later.
- This delicious allergy friendly (and diet friendly if you go light on the brown sugar!)