Crazy Good Mediterranean Chicken Bake uses just one pan and takes minutes to prep. It's low-carb, gluten-free and full of healthy vegetables like artichokes, zucchini and tomatoes.
I make this recipe almost every single week! Truly!
My dream dinner is smothered with zucchini, artichokes and tomatoes and topped with a little feta cheese. Luckily, this Mediterranean flavor profile is healthy too and low-carb to boot.
So, this recipe, or Shrimp Zoodles, which uses many of the same ingredients, are on the regular rotation at our house. To explain why it's such a favorite, I've created The Dinner-Mom's first-ever Top 10 List. 🙂
What is Mediterranean Chicken Bake?
This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts topped with zucchini, artichokes and tomatoes. A balsamic vinaigrette is drizzled over the top and the final dish is topped with crumbled feta cheese. Most of the ingredients are staples of a Mediterranean diet and this recipe is pretty healthy in my book. It presents beautifully too.
So...without further ado:
10 Reasons to Make Mediterranean Chicken
- It's easy to prepare in about 15 minutes and ready in less than 45 minutes, start to finish. There's a little chopping and stirring. For the most part, this dish bakes. While it cooks, you can do something else and don't even have to be in the kitchen.
- It's diet friendly. It's South Beach Phase 1 compliant, keto-friendly, low in Weight Watcher points, fits the Mediterranean style diet profile and is good for Paleo friends too (leave off the feta.) When your food plan goes off track, turn to this recipe and you will get your mojo back!
- It's allergy friendly. Leave off the feta cheese if you are allergic to dairy (my daughter loves it this way) or top with a cheese substitute.
- It's gluten-free!
- Leftovers can be made into another meal. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, add rice, couscous or quinoa and now you have a rice bowl for lunch the next day.
- The flavors are fantastically satisfying AND this dish is low-carb and keto friendly. Artichokes, tomatoes and zucchini are drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette and topped with feta cheese.
- But, there's a lot of room for variations. Use mushrooms or red onion if you have those on hand. If you hate artichokes, leave them out. It's a great combination for fish and shrimp too!
- This dish can be prepared as grill packets and the contents customized for each individual diner. Packets can be cooked on the grill over medium-high heat for 12-15 minutes. Or, cook the packets on baking sheet in a 450 degree F oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- It has feta cheese...I love feta cheese!
- It's a one pan meal. There's just one baking dish to clean. And, that makes me very, very happy. 🙂
Have I convinced you to try Mediterranean Chicken Bake? If you make it, tag @DinnerMom on social media or use #DinnerMom in your share.
Mediterranean Chicken Bake
- 20 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or oregano, rosemany, or thyme
- 14 ounce quartered artichoke hearts drained
- 1 large zucchini sliced and quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish or sheet pan lined with foil. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Layer tomatoes, artichokes and zucchini on top of the chicken.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic and evenly pour over the everything.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and temperature reaches 165 °F.
- Top with feta cheese before serving and enjoy!
Thank you for pinning!