Not only do double chocolate chip cookie cups have twice the chocolate, but they’re designed to hold ice cream or candy too. Pure decadence! This self-contained dessert cup is perfect for a picnic!
Today we are celebrating International Picnic Day by bringing you a basket packed with goodies from A to Z, in the style of the picnic game! Drop by the Sunday Supper Movement to see the whole picnic spread out on our virtual blanket.
I’m going on a picnic and I’m bringing…
And…Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups!
My girls came up with the idea to transform one of our favorite recipes, molten lava chocolate cookies, into a “cup.” I think it’s because you get twice the treats!
Here’s how to do it:
Form the dough into balls about 1 1/2 inches round and then press it into a greased muffin tin.
Bake for 8 minutes and remove from the oven. It will be partially cooked with a natural indentation in the middle.
Help the cup along by gently pressing the dough against the sides of the muffin tin with the back of a spoon.
Return the pan to the oven and cook for 4-6 minutes more. Allow the cookie to firm up in the pan for about 5 minutes and then remove to cooling rack.
Let the good times roll! Fill it with candy, ice cream and maybe even a marshmallow topped with a square of chocolate for an open-faced s’more. How would you fill your chocolate chip cookie cup?
- ½ cup butter (or substitute)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg (or egg replacer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla to bowl and combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa and combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into balls about 1½ inches round.
- Press dough into a muffin tin coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use spoon to gently press the dough against the sides of the muffin tin.
- Return to oven and cook for 4-6 minutes more.
- Allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes or until firm and then move to a baking rack to finish cooling.
- Fill cups with ice cream and candy!
Enjoy this recipe brought to you by The Dinner-Mom Daughters!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!