Keto Deviled Eggs are the classic appetizer you'd expect to find at a holiday party. But, with just 4 simple ingredients, you should enjoy this easy recipe all the time!
Check your pantry. You probably have what you need to make the best deviled eggs right now! They'll be ready in about 25 minutes.
This is my favorite way to prepare them. The proportions are perfect and there's nothing added to distract from the creamy yolks in the perfectly cooked egg whites.
The stumbling block for many (me included) is taking the time to cook the eggs in the first place. Problem solved! Use an air fryer to hard boil them!
Of course, you can cook them the traditional way too. We'll go over the options. And, we'll give you keto-friendly ideas to dress them up for a family gatherings! You can even turn them into keto egg salad!
But, please don't wait to make them. They're the perfect snack and a healthy addition to a low-carb diet!
Pictured are the basic ingredients you'll need.
- White vinegar may be substituted for apple cider vinegar.
- Use any type of mayonnaise, including ones made with avocado oil.
- Yellow mustard can replace Dijon, if desired.
- We used large eggs. You can use small or extra-large instead. You may end up with more or less filling. It still works!
The more you make these keto deviled eggs, the more creative you'll become. Here are some toppings to get you started:
- Bacon bits
- Fresh chives
- Fresh parsley
- Hot sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Everything bagel seasoning
I'm sure you can come up with a few more special ingredients!
Ways to Hard Boil Eggs
We are partial to the air fryer method, but you can hard boil eggs any way you like!
- Here are 3 popular options:
- Air fryer - place eggs in the air fryer basket. Cook at 250 °F for about 16 minutes.
- Stovetop - place eggs in the bottom of a pot and add water so that they are covered with water with an extra inch or two to spare at the top. Bring the water to a rolling boil, then turn off the heat and allow the eggs to sit for 10-12 minutes. The exact time will vary depending upon your stove, pots, etc. However, the time is very forgiving and it's hard to overcook eggs using this method.
- Instant Pot - If you want to use this appliance to do the job, then check out Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs by A Mindfull Mom. I've never done it this way!
- The next step under any of the methods is to immediately transfer the eggs to a bowl filled with ice cold water for at least 5 minutes or until cool to touch. The ice bath stops the cooking process. When done remove with a slotted spoon and pat dry.
- Next, peel the eggs. Gently tap the end and then roll and crack the rest of the egg. The egg should pop right out.
Directions with Pictures
Once the eggs are cooked and peeled, it only takes a few minutes to finish the job. Follow these simple recipe steps:
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and place the egg yolks in a small bowl.
- Use a fork to crumble the yolks.
- Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar to the bowl.
- Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Fill the egg white halves with about a teaspoon of filling using one of the methods discussed below.
You can get fancy and pipe the egg yolk mixture into the center of each egg white half. If you don't have a professional piping bag, make your own with a plastic bag. Scoop the mixture into the corner of the bag and then snip the corner to allow the yolk filling to ooze out as you squeeze the bag.
I think the best way to do this task is with a little scoop that releases. It's quick and easy and filling isn't lost on the side of a bag. A spoon works too!
Storage and Make-Ahead Tips
If you're having a party, then make deviled eggs ahead of time! Ideally, cook the eggs, prepare the filling, and store separately. Plate and fill the egg centers and add optional toppings close to serving time. However, they can be entirely assembled a day or two ahead of time if desired.
Either way cooked eggs and filling should be eaten or moved to the refrigerator within 2 hours of cooking to prevent the growth of bacteria.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for about 3 days.
The last step is to add any garnishes and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ★★★★★
Keto Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
Cook Hard Boiled Eggs
- In an air fryer - place eggs in the air fryer basket. Cook at 250 °F for about 16 minutes. The exact timing may vary depending upon your make and model. If this is the first time making cooking eggs this way, cook only 1 or 2 eggs to ensure that the timing is correct and then cook the rest.On the stovetop - place eggs in the bottom of pot and add water so that they are covered with an extra inch or two to spare at the top. Bring the water to a rolling boil, then turn it off and allow the eggs to sit for 10-12 minutes. The exact time will vary depending upon your stove, pots, etc.
- When finished cooking, immediately transfer the eggs to a bowl filled with ice cold water for at least 5 minutes or until cool to touch.
Prepare and Fill Eggs
- Peel the eggs. Gently tap the end of each egg and then roll and crack the rest of the egg. The egg yolk should pop right out.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise and place the egg yolks in a small bowl. Use a fork to finely crumble the yolks.
- Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar to the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Place the egg white halves on a serving dish. Pipe about a teaspoon of filling to the center of each egg white half. To pipe, place egg yolk mixture in the corner of a plastic bag. Snip the corner and squeeze into the open egg white halves.Alternatively, use a small scoop with a release or a spoon to fill the center of each egg half.
- Sprinkle optional toppings on each egg and enjoy!