This Easy Pineapple Salsa Recipe is the perfect topping for grilled chicken, fish tacos or scooping with your favorite chips! Just add all the ingredients to a bowl and let the magic begin.
Since this recipe shares several ingredients (red onion, tomatoes, and cilantro) with Simple Guacamole Dip, I often make both recipes at the same time. It’s best to eat the guacamole fairly quickly so it won’t turn brown.
But pineapple salsa gets better while it sits, as in make extra for the next day!
Plan ahead and set some aside. Otherwise, it will definitely disappear!
How to make Easy Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Prepare the following ingredients and mix them together in a bowl. That’s it!
- Dice Pineapple – we buy pineapple with the outer skin removed and dice the rings. Check out How to Cut a Pineapple to prepare a whole one. Use canned pineapple chunks in the off-season.
- Dice Red Onion – the red variety has a mild flavor and just happens to add a bit of purple color too.
- Remove seeds and dice Plum Tomatoes – my favorite tomato because it’s so easy to prep.
- Dice Red Pepper – the sweetest of the peppers.
- Chop Cilantro – pull clean cilantro leaves from stem and place them in a small container. Use scissors to snip.
Salsa is one of those recipes where the ingredients and amounts can easily be adjusted to taste. For example, I often leave out the red pepper and add extra tomato instead.
We add a squeeze of fresh lime juice to get things started, but you don’t have to. The juice from the pineapple will blend the ingredients together over time.
Allow the mixture to sit for about 15 minutes for the very best pineapple salsa.
What goes with Pineapple Salsa?
This easy pineapple salsa recipe is definitely not just for chips! Here are some ideas of what to serve with Pineapple Salsa:
- Top baked or grilled chicken, fish or pork before or after cooking.
- Add it to fish tacos.
- Mix it into a Mexican or tropical rice bowl.
- Serve it over ham.
It shares ingredients with Fresh Corn and Black Bean Salsa. Mix these two recipes together for a tropical explosion!
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media if you make it! We love to see what you are cooking up!
Easy Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups pineapple cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup plum tomato diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Allow ingredients to rest in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Salsa can be made a day ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. The flavors mingle and still taste wonderful the next day.
- Some ways to use pineapple salsa include:
- Top chicken (like Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken)
- Over fish or make tacos - make Lemon Pepper Tilapia. Stir some slaw mix into the salsa and drizzle with aioli (1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 garlic clove, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, pinch paprika)
- With cooked ham
- Toss with cooked shrimp and serve over rice (including cauliflower rice)