This easy Mediterranean Baked Fish recipe is delicious with Cobia fish fillets, cod or any mild white fish that you love. Just layer and bake the ingredients in this healthy, low-carb dinner.
Looking for an easy way to enjoy healthy flavors of the Mediterranean? This recipe is for you! The classic combination of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic enhances the fish (and the cherry tomatoes and artichokes too!)
The whole family will love this recipe because:
- It's easy with only 6 ingredients (plus olive oil and salt.)
- It's mostly hands-off time. You don't even need to flip the fish!
- It's customizable. Have some other Mediterranean ingredients in your pantry or fridge? Add them. We make some suggestions below.
- It's quick, coming it at 20- 25 minutes, start to finish.
You'll find this recipe in our easy prep, hands off cooking strategy section because that's how all the recipes work there!
Types of Firm White Fish
Use your favorite boneless, skinless white fish fillets to make this recipe.
A firm fish is perfect because it stands up well in the oven. It also takes just a bit longer to cook so that added vegetables have time to soften up and caramelize too. Plus, it's easy to use a meat thermometer in the flesh so it cooks to the perfect 145 °F temperature!
Here are some options we've used:
- Cobia has a mild, moist, buttery flavor. We used this and that's what you see in the pictures.
- Cod can be described as having a mild, milky flavor.
- Haddock is from the same family as cod, but has a slightly fishier taste.
- Halibut is mild and has a taste similar to Tilapia
- Pollock has a delicate sweet taste.
- Grouper has a light sweet taste.
- Mahi Mahi is also a good choice, has a slightly fisher taste.
Directions with Pictures
Here's how to do it:
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Place fish fillets in a baking dish. Layer chopped artichokes and sliced cherry or grape tomatoes on top and around fish.
- Combine extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pressed garlic, and salt in a small bowl. Pour it over the fish and vegetables.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. The exact time will vary depending upon the type and thickness of fish. We highly recommend using a meat thermometer so that the fish does not overcook. The internal temperature should reach 145 °F.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and enjoy! The fish should be flaky and tender.
Make it a Sheet Pan Meal
Add vegetables that will cook alongside the fish in the oven to make it a complete meal. Use a sheet pan and double the amount of vinaigrette if adding lots of extra ingredients.
Zucchini and asparagus are favorites at our house. If working with a heartier vegetables like cauliflower or carrots, chop it into small pieces so it will cook through.
What to Serve With Fish
Some favorite easy, low-carb pairings for white fish that are easily made while it cooks:
- Zucchini Noodles - a low-carb alternative to pasta.
- Roasted Asparagus - air fryer or oven with the fish.
- Cauliflower Mash - ready in minutes using frozen florets.
- Crispy Green Beans - air fryer.
- Spinach Feta Bites - use some the extra cheese to make these!
More Mediterranean Seafood Recipes
You may like these too:
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ★★★★★
Mediterranean Baked Cobia Fish Recipe
- 1 pound cobia fish fillets or other firm white fish such as cod, haddock, grouper, or mahi mahi
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, quarterd drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Place fish fillets in a shallow baking dish.
- Layer tomatoes and artichokes on and around the fish.
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and salt.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the top of everything.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fish cooks to 145 °F and flakes with a fork.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and enjoy!