I love, love, love Mediterranean Chicken Bake. It’s on a regular dinner rotation at our house.
To explain why it’s a favorite of mine, I’ve come up with The Dinner-Mom’s first-ever Top 10 List.
When I say we’re having Mediterranean Chicken Bake for dinner, I’m talking about boneless, skinless chicken breasts topped with zucchini, artichokes and tomatoes. A balsamic vinaigrette is drizzled over the top and the final dish is topped with crumbled feta cheese.
The Top 10 Reasons Why We Have Mediterranean Chicken Bake Almost Every Week
10. It’s easy to prepare and ready in less than 45 minutes, start to finish. There’s a little chopping and stirring. Mostly, this dish bakes. And while it cooks, I can do something else. I don’t even have to be in the kitchen.
9. The flavors are fantastically satisfying. Artichokes, tomatoes and zucchini are drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette and topped with feta cheese. Yum!
8. It is diet friendly. It’s South Beach Phase 1 compliant, low in Weight Watcher points, fits the Mediterranean diet profile and is good for Paleo friends (leave off the feta.)
7. It’s allergy friendly. Leave off the feta cheese if you are allergic to dairy (my daughter loves it this way) or top with a vegan cheese substitute.
6. It’s gluten-free.
5. Leftovers can be made into another meal. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, add rice, couscous or quinoa and now you have a rice bowl for lunch the next day.
4. There’s lots of room for variations. Have some mushrooms or red onion on hand? Add those. Hate artichokes, leave them out. It works on fish too!
3. This dish can be prepared as grill packets and the contents customized for each diner. Packets can be cooked on the grill over medium-high heat for 12-15 minutes. Or, cook the packets on baking sheet in a 450 degree F oven for about 20-25 minutes.
2. It has feta cheese…I love feta cheese!
And the #1 reason I love Mediterranean Chicken Bake:
1. It’s a one dish meal. There’s just one baking dish to clean. And, that makes me very happy.
Mediterranean chicken bakes in just one dish. Yep, one and done!
A big thank you to Amy at Kimchi Mom for hosting this one pot meal extravaganza. Check out the other tasty recipes for this event below.
“Take the chill off” Chilis, Soups, and Starters
- Spicy Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Eggplant Parmesan Soup by The Texan New Yorker
- Cream of Tomato and Tortellini Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Chicken Corn Chowder by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini Soup by Neighborfood
- Lasagna Soup by The ROXX Box
- Beefy Skillet Nacho Bake by The Weekend Gourmet
- German Onion Soup by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- White Bean and Spinach Soup by Ruffles & Truffles
- Korean Oxtail Soup (Kkori Gomtang) by kimchi MOM
- Fall Squash Chili by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili by Alida’s Kitchen
“Put meat on your bones” Stews
- Brew Stewed Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Dr. Pepper Shredded Chicken (slow cooker) by girlichef
- Pepper Beef Stew by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Slow Cooked Beef Stew with Red Wine, Carrots and Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fabulous French Cassoulet by Webicurean
- Slowcooker Coq Au Vin by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Claypot Braised Tofu by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Moroccan Lentil Ragout with Poached Eggs by The Wimpy Vegetarian
“Make room for seconds” Main Dishes
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Kalua Pork by Shockingly Delicious
- Chicken and Dumplings by Hip Foodie Mom
- Spicy Tomato Pasta by Supper for a Steal
- Spicy Coconut Chicken Casserole by The Urban Mrs.
- Carnitas with Queso Fresco Enchiladas by Casa de Crews
- Slow Cooker Garlic and Herb Pork Chops and Veggies by Cookin’ Mimi
- Jambalaya by Country Girl in the Village
- Easy Oven Sweet & Sour Chicken by Momma’s Meals
- Asian Chicken Rice Pot by a distinguished palate
- Quick One Pot Red Beans and Rice by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet & Sour Vegetarian Stir Fry by Foxes Love Lemons
- One-Pot Lentil Chicken by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Beef and Quince Tajine by MarocMama
- Slow-Cooked Italian Beef Sandwiches by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sunday Supper Pork and Chorizo by Family Foodie
- Mediterranean Chicken Bake by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Chorizo, Corn and Potatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Crockpot Roasted Corn, Tomato and Broccoli Risotto by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Quick ‘n Easy Asian-Style Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Pan-fried Chicken with Bacon and Asparagus by Food Lust People Love
- Vegetarian Chipotle Tamale Pie by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Sausage and Noodle Pesto by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pot Coconut Rice Shrimp Pilaf by Sue’s Nutrition Buzzz
- One Pot Spicy Pasta by Mess Makes Food
“Can’t say no” Desserts
- Vegan Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Busy-Day S’mores Cake by Treats & Trinkets
- Mascarpone Pumpkin Cheesecake in the Microwave by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Spice Apple Crisp by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Flourless Almond Butter Cookies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.