A fragrant red wine rosemary marinade tenderizes these beef shish kabobs. Add your favorite veges, cook ’em on the grill and you’re in for a memorable meal!
Summer is for grilling and chilling!
As for the grilling, let me suggest shish kabobs. This meal touched the heart of my Chief Grilling Officer (a.k.a. my hubby) who has been presented with far too many zucchini dishes lately. The fragrant red wine and rosemary marinade perfectly tenderized the sirloin steak fillets. The meat is alternated with his favorite vegetables. He gave this two thumbs up.
It’s a meal on a stick, which I love! Just a add a salad or some rice and dinner is done.
Red Wine Rosemary Marinade…
The marinade makes this meal memorable. The key ingredients are a dry, fruity red wine, such as Gallo Family Vineyards Merlot, lots of garlic and rosemary. (This may or may not be inspired by the fact that the only fresh herb that grows with any predictability at my house is rosemary!) When you mix up the ingredients, you’re engulfed by the rich, fragrant smell of the wine in this marinade…you just know that the beef is going to taste fabulous!
Shish Kabobs Assemby…
Alternate beef cubes with your favorite veges. (Next time I’ll be adding mushrooms and zucchini to the line-up.) Make sure to soak wooden skewers for about 30 minutes before using them.
It takes about 3-4 minutes per side for a slightly pink meat. So, you can move on to…
I’m partial to a glass of this Sweet White Blend. 🙂
- 1 cup Gallo Family Vineyards Merlot wine
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped (1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 pounds sirloin steak fillets, cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 2 green peppers, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 8 -10 skewers, soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before using)
- Mix marinade ingredients together.
- Add beef and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade, discarding excess marinade.
- Assemble shish kabobs by alternating meat cubes and vegetables on a skewer. 3 pieces of meat fit nicely on a 12 inch skewer.
- Grill over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Use an oven mitt to turn the skewers.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Be sure to check out the delicious variety of grilling recipes and wine pairings developed by the Sunday Supper group!
- Grilled Brie with Tropical Fruit Compote by girlichef
- Grilled Peach Bruschetta by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Salads and Sides:
- Grilled Caesar Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Mushrooms with Merlot Reduction by The Messy Baker
- Asian Pork Lettuce Cups by Magnolia Days
- BBQ Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Cheddar Merlot Burgers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Chicken with Blueberry-Merlot Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Hawaiian Sea Salt Tuna Nuggets by Family Foodie
- Grilled Honey Lime Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Jam Glaze by Savvy Eats
- Grilled Ribeye with Mushroom Merlot Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with a Sweet White Blend Marinade by Country Girl in the Village
- Merlot Marinated Flank Steak with Spicy Chimichurri by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Merlot Burger by Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Shish Kabobs in Red Wine Rosemary Marinade by The Dinner-Mom
- Tandoori-style Lamb Chops by kimchi MOM
- Grilled Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Desserts Required
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Grilled Peaches by Hip Foodie Mom
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Hope to see you there!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!