This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Herb Crusted Turkey Tenderloins are a fancy alternative for holiday dinners. But they're easy enough to make any day of the week.
Turkey breast tenderloins are one of the best-kept secrets in the poultry section. It's tender, perfect for leftovers, and cooks relatively quickly. I guess that's why Baked Turkey Tenderloins are so popular!
This part of the turkey is also fantastic for a non-traditional turkey recipe, and I have the perfect one. Crown turkey tenderloins with a fresh herb Parmesan breading after brushing the loins with a lemony mustard glaze.
This baked turkey loin is mouthwateringly delicious and elegant enough to be the centerpiece of a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
I promise your guests will be impressed with this beautiful and flavorful entree!
Below are the ingredients you'll need to make herb crusted turkey tenderloin:
- Lemon juice - Use fresh lemon juice if possible!
- Dijon mustard gives this dish zing. If you don't have any, add a dash of white wine vinegar to yellow mustard.
- Black Pepper
- Season Panko Breadcrumbs - We use this type because of the additional flavoring and the crunch. Any seasoned or unseasoned breadcrumbs will work, including gluten-free ones.
- Parmesan cheese - Finely grated is the best consistency.
- Olive oil is used to slightly moisten the breading.
- Fresh basil leaves - Using fresh herbs gives this dish a special feel! See the trick below to chop basil quickly.
- Fresh parsley - Dried parsley can be used in a pinch.
- Turkey breast tenderloin
Please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions.
Where to buy turkey tenderloins?
Turkey breast tenderloins are a boneless, skinless part of the turkey found between the breast. You'll find them in the poultry section of the grocery store, especially around the holidays.
Jennie-O® Turkey Breast Tenderloins are a popular brand. A package generally contains two tenderloins that will easily feed 4 people.
Easy Way to Chop Fresh Herbs
To quickly chop basil, stack 3-4 leaves on top of each other. Roll the leaves lengthwise and cut the stack into strips using kitchen scissors. Place strips in a small container and snip with scissors.
Follow these steps to prepare herb crusted turkey tenderloins and bake them in the oven.
- Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and black pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and chopped parsley and basil in another bowl. Add 2 Tablespoons of the mustard mixture to the bowl with the breadcrumbs. Use a fork to mix. It should be crumbly and slightly wet.
- Pat the tenderloins dry and place them on a sheet pan or in a baking dish. Brush the turkey tenderloins with the remaining mustard sauce.
- Press the breading over the top of the turkey tenderloin using your fingers.
- Bake the tenderloins in the oven at 375 °F for about 30 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 °F. Let the meat rest for a few minutes before slicing.
Top Tip: Use a Meat Thermometer
According to the FDA, turkey is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 °F. The best way to tell when it's done is to insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the poultry. It's the best way to ensure that your meat is not overcooked and is safe to eat!
Store leftover turkey meat in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator and up to 2 months in the freezer.
Reheat in the oven or an air fryer.
Prepare herb crusted turkey tenderloins and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freezer for up to two months.
Use a freezer-safe casserole dish or aluminum tins. Avoid overlapping the loins or jostling them too much.
When ready to enjoy the meal, move the dish to the refrigerator overnight and cook it as you usually would.
Elegant Holiday Menu
This unique main entree pairs with simple side dishes for an easy and memorable meal. The herbed crust means you don't really need traditional bread stuffing.
The easy sides below can be made ahead of time, too, and are delicious additions to a special occasion menu:
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a rating and tell us how you liked it!
Herb Crusted Turkey Tenderloins
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup Seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ¼ cup basil leaves cut in thin strips
- 24 ounces turkey tenderloin patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, parsley, basil, and 2 Tablespoons of the mustard mixture in a separate bowl. Using a fork, combine the ingredients to form a wet, crumbly mixture.
- Place turkey tenderloins on a pan and brush the remaining mustard mixture over the top.
- Using fingertips, press the breading over each tenderloin until completely covered. The bottom is not breaded.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until chicken reaches a temperature of about 165 °F. If the top begins to brown, tent it with aluminum foil.
- Allow turkey to rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice and enjoy.