Cauliflower Muffins recipe with just 5 ingredients that don't include grains or flour! Perfect for a healthy, low-carb snack or side with breakfast or dinner.
Amazing cauliflower does it again! It stands in for grain to make this cauliflower muffins recipe grain-free, flourless and gluten-free, not to mention low-carb and keto-friendly.
So, do these taste good too?
A resounding YES! They have the texture and flavor profile of hash browns or tater tots and are the perfect side for breakfast or dinner!
Once you've fallen in love, check out our Healthy Veggie Muffins including Spinach and Feta Muffins and Broccoli Muffins with Cheddar Cheese which are variations of this recipe that uses riced broccoli!
How to Make Cauliflower Muffins Recipe
To make this recipe, combine riced cauliflower, diced onion, shredded cheddar cheese, Italian seasoning, and egg. Scoop into muffin tins and bake. It's very easy if all the ingredients are already prepped.
Keep packages of cauliflower rice in your refrigerator or freezer for impromptu cauliflower egg muffins anytime.
Using muffin tins makes the cooking process very, very easy. Regular or mini muffin tins coated to prevent sticking will work. We are partial to the mini size which cooks quickly and also becomes bite-sized. It's the same thinking we used for our Zucchini Egg Muffins recipe.
Note that pressing down with the back of a spoon or fingers will compact the mixture for a nice firm muffin that does not easily crumble.
Have these for a healthy snack.
Or, as a side for breakfast or dinner....if you have any left after you pull them out of the oven. 🙂
Video for Cauliflower Muffins
Check out this quick recap of the process.
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up.
Cauliflower Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups cauliflower rice or a 10 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Salt, optional We did not use salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten large or extra large
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Mix cauliflower rice, diced onion, shredded cheddar cheese and Italian seasoning in a large bowl.
- Stir egg into cauliflower mixture.
- Scoop mixture into mini or regular muffin tins coated to prevent sticking. The yield will be about 24 mini muffins or 8-9 regular sized muffins.
- Press mixture down with the back of a spoon or fingers.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm and starting to brown.
- Gently remove from tins and enjoy!