Crispy Parmesan Cauliflower Bites will be the hit of your party or dinner table! They're low-carb, keto-friendly, gluten-free and melt in your mouth delicious. Follow our easy breading technique to get these in your belly quick.
Sometimes I think I could start a PR firm just to represent cauliflower! I sing its praises in so many recipes.
Cauliflower Muffins and Cauliflower Grits will make you second guess the need for rice. This amazing vegetable even makes an appearance on pizza night as cauliflower pizza bites or crust. And, these Parmesan Cauliflower Bites will sit proudly alongside traditional wings on any party table.
This versatile vegetable just needs to be advertised correctly.
For example, this tasty finger food could be called Parmesan Cauliflower Poppers. The florets are lightly coated in butter and then breaded with Parmesan cheese, paprika and roasted until crispy. You'll want to pop one of these "wings" in your mouth as soon as they come out of the oven!
They will literally put a smile on your face, especially if you use our easy breading technique.
- Melted butter makes the breading stick to the cauliflower.
- Cauliflower Florets - A small head of cauliflower yields about 3-4 cups.
- Breading - In order to keep this recipe low-carb and gluten-free, we did not add any breadcrumbs. It's a simple combination of Parmesan cheese, paprika and black pepper.
- Use a different type of hard cheese, like Asiago cheese or Romano cheese.
- Add whole wheat panko breadcrumbs. We used this breading variation to make Parmesan Chicken Nuggets which will also work here.
How to Bread Cauliflower the Easy Way!
Now, for a little rant and a tip...I really do hate to mess up lots of dishes and/or clean up a mess. If you feel that way too, use a "1" big bowl with a tight-fitting lid and let it quickly do all the dirty work. Here's how:
- Melt butter in a small bowl and pour it over the cauliflower florets that are in the big bowl, close the lid and gently shake to coat them with butter. Open the lid and check to see that the butter is distributed evenly. Toss the florets a little more if necessary.
- Tip: Use a silicone pastry brush to fill in any gaps.
- Note: When using this technique, it's important not to have lots of butter "leftover" in the bottom of the bowl when you add the breading.
- Prepare the Parmesan cheese breading in a separate small bowl. Sprinkle the cheese breading mixture over the top of the florets.
- Close the lid and gently toss again.
- Note: These steps can be done in smaller batches if desired.
- Spread the cauliflower out on a baking sheet (or in an air fryer) and bake until crispy.
Note: Large plastic freezer bags can also be used for this technique.
No fuss, no muss...except please be aware that the paprika makes these crispy cauliflower bites the pretty color that they become...and that color doesn't play well with a white shirt! It's not a bad idea to enjoy them with a fork.
Air Fryer Cooking Instructions
You can follow the easy breading instructions above and make cauliflower bites in an air fryer!
- Preheat air fryer to 390 °F for 3 minutes.
- Spray the crisper plate with olive oil and place cauliflower in a single layer. Lightly spray with olive oil to promote crispiness.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until desired tenderness. You can gently turn the pieces over with a rubber-tipped spatula halfway through, but I often don't need to do this.
Aren't they gorgeous?!
Re-heating and Make-Ahead Tips
Reheating: Cauliflower Bites are best eaten fresh, but can be crisped up again in an air fryer or oven at 350 °F for about 5-10 minutes or until hot. We do not recommend using a microwave to reheat because they will be soggy.
Make-Ahead Tips: Prepare cauliflower and breading 2-3 days in advance and then bread just before baking. The florets may also be breaded a day ahead of time and stored in an air-tight container until ready to cook.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Mexican "Street Style" Cauliflower - a low-carb version of elote!
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice - from FROZEN!
- Curried Cauliflower Rice - in minutes!
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a rating and tell us how you liked it!
Parmesan Cauliflower Bites - Just 5 Ingredients
- 3 cups cauliflower florets washed and thoroughly dried; about 1 small head of cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees °F.
- Toss cauliflower florets with melted butter in a large bowl. Check for pieces that are not coated with butter and toss again or use a silicone pastry brush to fill in those spots.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, paprika and pepper and sprinkle over the butter-coated cauliflower florets that are still in the large bowl.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Gently toss to coat.
- Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on baking sheet sprayed to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges begin to crisp.
- Enjoy hot from the oven!
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat air fryer to 390 °F for 3 minutes.
- Spray the crisper plate with olive oil and place cauliflower in a single layer. Lightly spray the florets with olive oil to promote crispiness.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until desired tenderness. You can gently turn the pieces over with a rubber-tipped spatula halfway through, but I don't need to do this.
This recipe was originally published 1/31/18. It was updated to improve the reader experience.