Baked Green Bean Fries are breaded in Parmesan and cooked until crispy. Dunk them in a Balsamic Yogurt Dip or eat them hot out of the oven. Either way, you'll satisfy your need to crunch with this low-carb, gluten-free recipe.
While I would be hard-pressed to find anyone at our house happily munching on a cooked green bean as a snack, these "fries" are transformed into finger food. Put them out as an appetizer and you're sure to make low-carb and keto dieters very, very happy.
Or shake things up at dinner. How about some fries with your turkey? Or your latest chicken dinner?
Luckily, this recipe is EASY to make and the beans cook very quickly!
How to Make Baked Green Bean Fries
Wash and trim the beans. Snap off the ends, nip them with cooking shears or cut them with a knife. It really doesn't matter how you do it. Get rid of the strings and hard ends. Make sure to pat them dry with a paper towel before moving on to the breading step.
Coat the beans with olive oil and then toss them in a mixture of finely grated Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and paprika. The "breading" is very similar to the coating used on Broiled Scallops with a Parmesan Crust.
Keep a bag of the breading mixture in the refrigerator or freezer and these are just minutes to make.
Bake the fries in a hot oven (425 degrees F) until crispy and starting to brown. Turn the oven to broil for the last few minutes to make them even crispier. That's it!
Pro Tip: Place a cookie cooling rack on top of the sheet pan so the beans are crisped on all sides!
Baked Green Bean Fries Variations
- Make a vegan version by using nutritional yeast instead of Parmesan Cheese.
- Add a little chili powder or cayenne pepper to make a spicy version
- Make Crispy Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Fries
- Add breadcrumbs to the mix for a more heavily coated fry!
Are Green Bean Fries Keto?
Green beans are naturally low in carbohydrates and full of nutrients, which make them perfect for a low-carb or keto-friendly diet. The nutritional information below includes the dip. Subtract 2 Carbs and 3 grams of Protein for the dip.
Keto Ranch Dressing by Low-Carb Yum is low carb and would be perfect for these "fries."
Italian Green Beans with Tomatoes is another keto-friendly dish to try!
How to Make Balsamic Yogurt Dip
A dip really isn't necessary. The beans are so tasty hot from the oven. But, this dip is a cool and tangy contrast to the hot bean fries and dunking always seem to up the fun factor.
It has just 3 ingredients: Greek yogurt, balsamic vinegar and garlic powder. Make sure to blend the mixture thoroughly so that the balsamic vinegar is fully incorporated into the yogurt. We used an electric mixer for the job.
Drizzle the dipping sauce over the beans for a fancy, schmancy presentation and pass a big plate of fries to the smiles of your guests.
Serving idea: Stand baked green bean fries upright in a cup or cylinder, like you would for fries. This presentation is perfect for an informal party.
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media if you make it! We'd love to see what you are cooking up.
Baked Green Bean Fries with Balsamic Yogurt Dip
Green Bean Fries
- 1 pound green beans wash, dried and trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
Balsamic Yogurt Dip
- ½ cup Greek yogurt 5.3 ounce container non-fat
- 1 ½ Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
Green Bean Fries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss green beans with olive oil.
- In a separate bowl mix together Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Working in batches, lift green beans into the bowl with the Parmesan mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer beans to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and coated with cooking spray. Beans should be in a single layer.
- Roast for approximately 12 minutes and then turn heat to broil and cook for about 2 minutes more. Beans will begin to brown in spots, but will not be charred or dark all over.
- Serve green bean fries hot from the oven and with dip, if desired
Balsamic Yogurt Dip
- To make dip, add the ingredients to a bowl and thoroughly combine.