Spicy black bean wraps are filled with beans, cheese, more goodies and a spicy-as-you-like-it salsa blend. This no-bake recipe will add a little zing to your #WeekdaySupper in no time!
This is my Uh oh…It’s 5:00 and I don’t know what to have for dinner and I sure do wish Chipotle’s Grill was closer Spicy Black Bean Wrap. It’s my go-to meal when I don’t have a plan, need dinner on the table fast and still want to feel good about what we are eating.
Luckily, I always have a can of black beans in the pantry and usually a few fresh ingredients too…but, you don’t have to. It’s easy to improvise with this recipe. Add in what you love and have on hand. Leave out what you don’t.
The beauty of this recipe is that everything is mixed together in one big bowl and then scooped onto nice soft flour tortillas. There’s so much going on that nobody tries to pick out anything and it makes prep super easy. Save the everyone makes their own option for a night out or when you have more time. 🙂
Which brings me to the salsa…the ultimate flavor picker-upper. Salsa gives this particular wrap the spice. I looove salsa. It’s low-calorie and adds so much flavor to a dish. And, there are soooo many choices. Pick one that is as spicy as you like.
Shhhh… There’s no cooking going on tonight. My family thinks it is Tex-Mex Tuesday and this was planned all along. 🙂
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Cheddar Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup corn kernels (See Microwave Corn on the Cob for fresh corn in less than 5 minutes)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup prepared salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 flour tortillas
- Combine ingredients, except for the tortillas, in a bowl.
- To soften tortillas, place them in a stack on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a wet paper towel.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Scoop about ½ cup of the black bean mixture onto each tortilla and roll burrito style.
A different blogger from the #SundaySupper group shares a #WeekdaySupper recipe Monday through Friday. Be sure to check out this week’s other recipes below. Getting families back to the dinner table is our mission! You can find more recipes on our Pinterest Boards, too. Please join us there for more weekday inspirations!
- Monday – Cheeseburger Wraps by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tuesday – Spicy Black Bean Wraps by The Dinner-Mom
- Wednesday – Skinny Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry by Momma’s Meals
- Thursday – Gluten Free Chicken Salsa Bowl by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Friday – Honey-Mustard Chicken and Arugula Wraps by girlichef